Wage Garnishment for Past Due Child Support
California Wage Garnishment Defense Attorney
Los Angeles Lawyer for Fathers Facing Wage Garnishment Due to Back Due Child Support Arrearages
Having your wages garnished due to child support arrearages can be financially crippling. Whether you have been recently surprised by a wage garnishment for back child support or know you have obligations that could cause this problem, contact the Law Offices of Elena Mebtahi for the defense of your rights and your future.
We are dedicated to helping fathers nationwide resolve California child support problems. In many cases, we can get favorable results for you without you having to travel or appear in a Los Angeles area court.
Quick Stoppage of Your Wage Garnishment and Preventing Other Serious Consequences
The State of California has the power to garnish up to 50 percent of your wages as payment of your child support arrearages. Other serious consequences you may face include:
- Levies on your bank accounts
- Interception/withholding of tax returns for garnishment
- Suspension of your driver's or business license
- The inability to renew your passport or professional license
Los Angeles, California, attorney Elena Mebtahi has been providing active defense of fathers' rights and dealing with child support issues since 1995. If your wage garnishment is due to an error in accounting, improper service or your rights have been violated, we can take the necessary legal action to stop it. If you recognize that your child support payments are in arrears and you want to create a manageable payment plan, the Law Offices of Elena Mebtahi is an excellent and caring resource for you.
Are you unsure if you were given proper notice or have doubts about paternity or how much you owe? Call Us at 310-207-4005
When you hire us to handle your case, we will listen to your perspective and take the time to learn about your specific situation. Ms. Mebtahi's extensive experience with this area of law enables her to:
- Determine whether you were properly served with notice of your child support obligations — or if the procedures were not followed in your case
- Help you determine paternity if you are uncertain whether you are the biological father of the child covered by your support obligation
- Verify the accuracy of the child support arrearage amounts you owe — which may include substantial interest up to 10%
- Negotiate a manageable payment plan for you, enabling you to avoid continued wage garnishment and other severe collection actions
Free Consultation and Affordable Flat Fees
If you want to stop or avoid wage garnishment due to child support arrearages, the first step is to contact the Law Offices of Elena Mebtahi as soon as possible. We focus on the defense of fathers' rights.